Emaar Garden Competition 2014
Elements of sustainable practice and innovative use of natural elements triumphed at Emaar’s annual Garden Competition.
The best landscaped gardens in the Arabian Ranches and Emirates Living communities competed at Emaar Community Management’s annual initiative, aimed at bringing Emaar’s focus on sustainable developments and environmental conservation to residents through an active participation in gardening and landscaping.
One of the communities’ most popular event, the Annual Garden Competition adjudicated entries based on creativity and attention to detail. Winners were awarded in the following categories:
- Best Landscaped Large Garden: Shafiq Abdelhamid (Emirates Hills, Emirates Living)
- Best Landscaped Medium Garden: Fakhreddin Minooeifar (The Springs, Emirates Living)
- Best Landscaped Small Garden: Morne and Oana Fourie (The Lakes, Emirates Living)
- Best Creative Large Garden: The Salims (Emirates Hills, Emirates Living)
- Best Creative Medium Garden: Beverley Ibrahim (Saheel, Arabian Ranches)
- Best Creative Small Garden: Hossein Babaei and Panteha Radmehr (The Springs, Emirates Living)
- Best Design Large Garden: Romy Hawatt (Hattan, Emirates Living)
- Best Design Small Garden: Saeed Hosseini and Mahsa Mirfakhraei (The Lakes, Emirates Living)
- Best Sustainable Garden (Eco-friendly):Stuart Parkins (The Springs, Emirates Living)
- An individual prize for the Most Fruitful Garden was presented to Freeda Moraes
The award ceremony for the Garden Competition was held at The Address Montgomerie Dubai, where winners were presented with personalised crystal trophies and gift vouchers from the Desert Group.